The trend of entrepreneurship is being rapidly embraced as a positive way to create the jobs of the present and the future. Entrepreneurship has gone beyond being just a means of transforming dreams to reality; it has become a tool to transform the present into the future and to shape and design the world we will be living in for years to come. From being a dirty word in the past, entrepreneurship is now being increasingly celebrated and encouraged – as it should be.
With competition and market uncertainties at an all-time high, it takes more than just an idea and a vision to make it big. There is always a need to be the first one to adapt to changes; to discover, understand and deliver the customer needs and to have in place a strategy that can sustain itself over years to come.
The Entrepreneurship cell at IIM Calcutta, in association with C.Start (The Mini-Incubator at IIM Calcutta) & CEI (Center for Entrepreneurship & Innovation), is proud to hold the 7th International Entrepreneurship Summit (IES 7) on 22nd Feb 2014. The event invites visionaries and renowned entrepreneurs across the globe to share their experiences and knowledge in fields of expertise.
The event aims at bringing together our students, alumni, established entrepreneurs and academia to foster the spirit of entrepreneurship. There will key note addresses followed up by panel discussions which will help participants gain an insight along with an insider’s view of the domain. Over the years, E-Summit has fostered foster inspiration, skills, ideas and networks with its rich line up of guest speakers and this year is no exception.
The theme for IES 7 is ’2014: The Year of The Entrepreneur’
The theme is inspired by Sir Richard Branson’s thoughts articulated on LinkedIn recently, where he said, “I believe 2014 will be the year of the entrepreneur… From being a dirty word in the past, now entrepreneurship is increasingly being celebrated and encouraged — as it should be.”
List of Speakers
Track 1 (Live In-Person):
1. Alok Bansal (Co-Founder & CFO, PolicyBazar)
2. Aloke Bajpai (CEO, IXIGO.com)
3. Kunal Shah (CEO, Freecharge.com)
4. Nishant Rao (Country Head, LinkedIn India)
5. Nishchal Zaveri (Scion of TBZ Group & Founder, Enzy Studios)
6. Prathibha Sastry (Startup Lead, Microsoft Ventures)
7. Ramesh Verma (Director General of Police)
Track 2 (Live via Video):
8. Albert Mensa (The Change Maker, Best-selling Author)
9. Dana Hee (Olympic Gold Medalist & Motivational Speaker)
10. Gautam Mago (Director, Sequoia Capital)
11. John Spence (Author, Top 100 Business Thought Leader in US)
12. Kiran Mani (Director of Global Business, Google)
13. Mayel de Borniol (Founder, Babelverse)
14. Srikanth Velamakanni (Founder, Fractal Analytics)
For detailed speaker profiles, please check www.eSummit.in
Prakhar Bindal - Chair & Talk Architect, IES 7 & Founder, C.Start
Deep Patel - Co-Chair, IES 7 & President, E-Cell IIM C
Prakhar Bindal - Director, E-Summit (IES) & Founder, C.Start
Deep Patel - President, ECell IIM Calcutta & Co-Founder, C.Start